The daily activities at Parmarth Niketan are listed below:
(Please check in with the Reception Office about any changes to the daily schedule upon your arrival.)
- 5:00-6:00am Universal prayers [Sanskirt] and lecture [Hindi] – Satsang Hall
- 6:30-7:30am General Yogasana & Meditation [English] – Yoga Hall
- 9:00-10:30am Gita Paath & Pravachan [Hindi] – Satsang Hall
- 3:00-4:00pm Ramayaan Paath & Pravachan [Hindi] – Satsang Hall
- 4:00-5:00pm General Yogasana [English] – Yoga Hall
- Around Sunset Ganga Havan & Aarti – Main Ghat
- Immediately after Aarti Darshan & Satsang – Satsang Room
In addition, there are frequent special cultural, Hindi, Music, Sanskrit classes and spiritual programs given by visiting revered saints, acclaimed musicians, spiritual and social leaders and others. All visitors are welcome to participate in our daily activities.
There are several special events occurring on daily, weekly, monthly or annual bases.
From the 15th of Asadhsukla to the 5th of Shravana (in July), the ashram observes Guru Purnima and Nirvana Mahotsava of His Holiness, the late Shri Swami Shukdevanandji Maharaj with much gaiety and religious fervor. During these five days, uninterrupted Ramayana Patha is sung by several hundred devotees, accompanied by musical melodies. Guru Puja and a tribute ceremony take place on the final day, followed by a community lunch. Nirvana Mahotsava is also celebrated, with traditional festivities, for:
- His Holiness, the late Swami Dharmanandji Maharaj on February 25th
- His Holiness, the late Swami Sadanandji Maharaj on May 15th
- His Holiness, the late Swami Bhajananandaji Maharaj on the 13th of Kartika Shukla
Sadhana Week: This is organized every year from the 9th of Kartika Sukla to the full moon day of Kartika (in October). During this special session, yoga, pranayama and meditation are taught by several qualified experts, under the patronage of M.M. H.H. Swami Asanganand Saraswatiji and H.H. Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji (Muniji).