Parmarth Yoga Programs
We offer yoga programs from Beginner to Teacher Training Courses throughout the year. Please see the schedule and course descriptions by following the link below.
Yoga at Parmarth Niketan Ashram is holistic, spiritually oriented and focused on the deep and sublime traditional ancient yogic discipline as taught by the rishis and sages. Our qualified teachers are rich in experience, live yogic principles and bring to you time-tested yoga practices.
Mastery of yoga is attained with devotion, patience and sincere, uninterrupted and regular practice. In 2-5 weeks, students are healthier, stronger and feel more confident to commit to the yoga way of life. Additionally, we may offer special courses as instructors from across India and around the world come to share their knowledge and expertise.
General yoga classes are offered from Monday to Saturday early mornings and mid afternoon. These classes are offered in drop-in basis. However please note that they may not be available whenever our Ashram is reserved for specific functions. Please check with the Reception Office for timings of the general yoga classes and any cancellations.
Full Yoga Course Calendar
June 20th, 2020
July 19th, 2020
August 2nd, 2020
August 23rd, 2020
September 6th, 2020
September 27th, 2020
October 20th, 2020
November 1st, 2020
November 29th, 2020
December 20th, 2020
December 29th, 2020
June 21st, 2020
July 31st, 2020
August 14th, 2020
August 28th, 2020
September 18th, 2020
October 24th, 2020
October 25th, 2020
November 21st, 2020
December 11th, 2020
December 26th, 2020
January 3rd, 2021
International Yoga Day Celebration
Spiritual Yoga Retreat
Foundation Yoga Course
Yoga Teacher Training 200hrs
Special Navratri Spiritual Retreat
Naada Yoga with Vedic Chanting I
Surya Namaskara Retreat
Special New Year Spiritual Retreat
(*) programs with visiting instructors
International Yoga Festival 2020
Sunday March 1st, 2020 – Saturday March 7th, 2020
In collaboration with Incredible India-Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of AYUSH, we host the International Yoga Festival from March 1 – 7, annually. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and practice a variety of holistic disciplines with instructors and aspirants from all over the world; and, to be in the presence and learn from the sages of Bharat [India]. Information and registration details are on the Festival website.
Important Course Information
- It is necessary to understand, read and write English to be able to participate in the yoga courses which are offered in English.
- Certificates for Intensive and YTTC will be issued only on completion of the entire course
- Attendance and punctuality are important factors for self discipline and to receive the certificate for certificate courses.
- Men and women should wear clothing that covers shoulders (no sleeveless shirts), midriff, and calves (no capris, shorts, or short dresses). Ladies should be careful to cover their cleavage. Yoga Students are expected to wear white, a balance of the seven colors and the color of purity. Please avoid wearing tight clothing both for your own comfort and as a sign of respect for the local culture. Additionally, it is customary to remove your shoes before entering buildings or sacred places. If you are not dressed appropriately you may not be allowed to participate in yoga classes or other Ashram activities. Dress code to be maintained during yoga classes, at meal times, in the Ashram grounds, and at Parmarth ghat.
- Make sure to bring your receipt of full payments to the first class that begins early in the morning.
- No classes on Sundays and major Indian/Hindu Holidays.
- The first day is for check in and orientation. Please arrive at the Ashram by 1:00 pm and check with the reception desk for the location and time of the orientation.
- Yoga students are welcome to stay additional days to integrate and deepen their discipline and practice. This is only possible when rooms are available.