- This event has passed.
July 31, 2022 - August 12, 2022
July 31st – August 12th, 2022
Move one step closer to mind, body and soul connection’
Kriya Yoga deepens your practice through understanding the subtleties of the main chakras of the body. As we explore the chakras, we work to unblock and rebalance our inner energies for greater well-being and self connection.
A basic understanding of the chakras / energy centers with their Sanskrit names, associated colour, and element will be helpful for the Kriya Yoga and Meditation program. This Kriya Yoga program begins each day with the 20 main Kriya Yoga practices for pratyahara (sense withdrawal), dharana (concentration), dhyana (Meditation), including prayer, pranayama, traditional hatha yoga asana, Vedic chanting and Satsang (spiritual question/ answer). Each day concludes with Parmarth Niketan’s Ganga Havan and Aarti ceremony held during sunset on the holy banks of Ma Ganga, followed by Kirtan and Satsang (spiritual questions/ answers) with Pujya Sadhviji; and Darshan with Pujya Swamiji (when they are in the Ashram).
- This course is for experienced yoga and meditation students
- Students should adhere to the course dress code (white clothing is mandatory, no sleeveless or crop tops, no shorts, no tight or revealing clothes)
- Students should be punctual for each class
- Students must not undergo any Ayurvedic or Panchakarma treatment during the course
- Students must not attend any other classes during the course
- Students should adopt sincere behaviour whilst staying at the ashram
“A wonderful and unexpected journey. Kriya yoga begins with breath-work and asanas and takes you so much further. The course supported me in deepening my yoga practice with the intense study of charkras, mantras, and meditation. And the teachers at Parmarth brought an incredible amount of wisdom, patience and love to all of the students. I learned so much that I get to take with me and add to my daily practice. I highly recommend this class for all who are interested in exploring a new side of yoga.” – Rebecca from USA