Jageshwar Yoga Festival
5-6 November, 2015
Scenic and Sacred Uttarakhand
In the sacred land of Jageshwar, one of the most holy and ancient temples of the Himalayas, a very special, first ever International Jageshwar Yoga Festival will be held in November.
The programme will include asanas, pranayama, meditation, divine discourses by yoga masters, cultural programmes, sacred fire ceremonies (yagna/havan) and pooja, nature walks and much more.
Lord Shiva is known as the Lord of Yoga and the Jageshwar temple is one of the most ancient and sacred temples of Lord Shiva, one of the 12 sacred Jyotirlings. In fact, it is said that Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati reside at this temple for half the year (the other half the year on Mt. Kailash).
Spend three days in the refreshing Himalayan climate, enjoy local sattvik food, and be inspired, uplifted and transformed by days full of yoga teachings and meditation.
We welcome you for an incredible experience that they will treasure forever.
About The Sacred Town of Jageshwar
Jageshwar is famous as Abode of Twelve Jyotirlings (12 Jyotirlings) and is also known as the sacred temples town. It is religious town have more than 124 temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Jageshwar is situated at an elevation of 1,870 mts above sea level and at a distance of 37 kms from Almora. Jageshwar is an important tourist destination of Kumaon and receives thousands of visitors every year. It is situated amidst dense Deodar forest with a stream flowing at its backyard.
To learn more, visit: http://www.euttaranchal.com/tourism/jageshwar.php
Getting to Jageshwar
Kathgodam is the nearest railway station to Jageshwar. The station is about 128kms away from the temple town of Jageshwar. Rent a taxi or hire a bus from here to reach Jageshwar in approximately 3 hours. Kathgodam is well-connected with Delhi and Rishikesh.
Jageshwar is well connected by road to Delhi and there are various private buses that ply from Delhi or Rishikesh to Jageshwar. From Delhi you can either take the route through Corbett Park and Ramnagar or the other route that goes via Haldwani and Kathgodam. You can either avail the regular state buses that run between Delhi and Jageshwar or you can hire private taxi for your trip.
From Rishikesh the drive covers a distance of about 364 kms and takes nearly 8 hours.
The nearest airport from Jageshwar is Pantnagar, which is about 165 Kms from Jageshwar. You can choose to fly in to Pantnagar directly from Delhi, there is usually one flight offered around 2pm and the duration of the flight is one hour. From Pantnagar you can hire a taxi or a bus to reach the temple town, approximately 3 hours by road.
Driving Direction from Delhi to Jageshwar Distance:
354 km Driving Time (8.00 hours)
- The best route to drive on from Delhi to Jageshwar is NH 24. Head out of Delhi by taking the Noida Link Road and continue towards NH 24 (Hapur Road); fuel up your car from the petrol pump on NH 24 and drive on for 40 km.
- Just before Hapur, take the Hapur Bypass and drive on for next 14 km.
- Continue on NH 24 followed by Ganga Bridge, soon you will pass by BP petrol pump on your left – in case you are running low on fuel, you can stop here for tanking up your vehicle. Keep driving and as you approach Moradabad city, you will soon start spotting some eateries and restaurants along NH 24.
- From Moradabad, take a slight left to get onto MDR 65W, where you will find some really good and hygienic eating spots.
- Continue driving on this stretch for 100 km and then take a sharp left towards the Mall road, which ascends all the way up to Nainital with sharp turns at hairpin bends, so drive slowly. The road is full of eateries and food stalls, with Nanak Restaurant, Woodpecker food plaza, and Crossing Café and Restro being the popular places to stop at for refreshments.
- Moving on, get onto NH 87 from Nainital and follow the sign boards to stay on the road for next 28 km, passing by Bhowali Sanitorium and Kainchi Dham, respectively.
- Next, take a slight right towards Thandi Road, and drive on for about 4 km. As you reach Vijay Chowk, turn right onto Sadar Bazar Road, drive for 9 km, and continue onto Majkhali-Someshwar Road for another10 km.
- Take a slight left onto Ranikhet-Kosi Road and drive for a short distance till you arrive at your destination – Jageshwar.