Inauguration of Priyakantju Mandir, Vrindavan
A beautiful programme took place in Vrindavan inaugurating the newly built, gorgeous and lotus shaped Priyakantju Mandir, inspired and led by Pujya Devkinandan Thakurji.
The gathering brought together a divine confluence of many eminent and revered spiritual leaders, including:
- Pujya Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Swami Rambhadracharyaji
- Pujya Jagadguru Ramanujacharya Swami Vasudevacharyaji
- Pujya Yuvacharya Shyam Sharan Devji
- Pujya Swami Rajendra Dasji
- Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji
- Pujya Swami Gyananandaji
- Pujya Sadhvi Ritambharaji
- Pujya Satpalji Maharaji
- Pujya Acharya Shri Pundrik Goswamiji
- Pujya Sant Shri Gopal Maniji
- Pujya Madhu Pandit Dasaji
- Pujya Swami Paramadvaitiji
- Pujya Anurag Krishan Thakurji (Kanhaiyaji)
- Pujya Sanjeev Krishan Thakurji
- Pujya Devi Chitralekhaji
- and many others
All of the respected faith leaders spoke about the great importance of preserving and protecting the sanskaras or the values of the Indian spiritual tradition.They emphasized the great need to prevent the slaughter and neglect of the sacred cow, along with working urgently and collectively to protect our sacred rivers, Gangaji, Yamunaji and their tributaries.
Pujya Swamiji inspired thousands of pilgrims and devotees assembled in the event to pledge to:
- Incorporate organic cow products, such as ghee, yogurt, milk, etc, into their daily diets. He explained that this would increase the demand for cow products from live, healthy cows and drive down slaughter of cows for consumption for meat and beef.
- Stop the use of leather products of any kind, be it belts, seat covers, shoes, etc, so that the hide of the cow would not be required and thus violence and cruelty to the cow would be prevented.
- Plant and give as many trees as possible on all festivals, birthdays and all special occasions.
- Stop pollution, be it littering on our streets, or defecating in the open, in our communities and on our streets.
Pujya Swamiji led everyone in a pledge, “Let us raise our hands and commit our actions to make a Pollution Free and Open Defecation Free India. Let us pledge to make India free from modern day slavery also, giving equal opportunities and ensuring basic rights to all.”
Pujya Swamiji reminded everyone,”We can give our children newer and newer models of cars but we should be very mindful that they do not forget their sanskaras. These sanskaras, these values, are the very essence of Indian spiritual tradition, the most valuable and priceless gift you can give to your children. I offer my pranaams (my deepest respect) to all of you in the audience for your tremendous faith in these traditions and for keeping the Indian spiritual culture alive.”
He added, “On this occasion of Vasant Panchami, when we celebrate the coming of spring, let us honour the season of spring in our hearts with the presence and blessings of our revered saints.”