First Indo China Yoga Festival at Parmarth Begins
The first ever Indo-China International Yoga Festival in India, took place on the holy banks of Mother Ganga in Parmarth Niketan (Rishikesh), with participants from 31 nations. The festival ran from the 5th through the 9th November with the first 2 days in Jageshwar Dham, organized and run jointly by the Government of Uttarakhand and Parmarth Niketan, and the second 3 days at Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh.
It was inaugurated by Pujya Swamiji, Hon’ble Minister of Agriculture Shri Harak Singh Rawatji, Shri Rajeev Swaroop, SP Rishikesh, Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji, Mr. Zhu Thai, CEO, Keep Yoga, Beijing, China, Dr. AM Moorthy, Vice Chancellor, Tamil Nadu Physical Education Sports University, Dr Yuva Dayalan, Founder-President of Yuvaa School of Yoga, Hong Kong, Mr. Zhu Feng, Assit CEO, Keep Yoga, Beijing, China and many others.
Some of the main yogacharyas at the Indo-China International Festival included:
- Ms. Sharmila Mahesh Kumar, Grand-daughter of Prattabi Jois, Mysore, India
- Sadhvi Abha Saraswati, Senior Yogacharya, Head of Parmarth Yoga Department
- Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswati, Director of the International Yoga Festival- Parmarth Niketan (Rishikesh)
- Mr. Zhao Te La, Famous Yoga Teacher in China with hundreds of Yoga studios in China
- Ms. Liu Je, Famous Yoga Teacher in China, First Yoga Beauty of Asia
- Dr. R Elangovan, Professor and Head, Department of Yoga at Tamil Nadu Physical Education Sports University
- Mr. Brian Siddhartha Ingle, Eminent Yogacharya from America
- Mr. David Jumbo Troung, Yoga Teacher from America
- Shri HS Arun, Senior Iyenger Teacher, Bangalore, India
- Dr. Indu Sharma, Yogacharya, Parmarth Niketan (Rishikesh)
Also be sure to join us and REGISTER TODAY for the upcoming world famous and extraordinary, 17th Annual International Yoga Festival from the 1-7th March, 2016.