This ashram is open for the stay of only those pilgrims who are here to devote themselves to sadhana, meditation, seva and satsang. People who come to Rishikesh for picnics, recreation, business, etc. are not allowed to stay in this ashram.
- The pilgrims staying in this ashram are required to observe and adhere to truth, non-violence, self-discipline, and polite etiquette.
- All pilgrims are expected to join in the Ganga Aarti (the light ceremony with devotional songs at sunset).
- All pilgrims (both men and women) are required to dress modestly and soberly, in a way that shows respect for the tradition of ashram life. We request that no shorts, sleeveless shirts, or other revealing clothing are worn.
- A pilgrim is allowed to stay in the ashram for a maximum of 15 days on the first visit. This period can be extended only with permission from the authorities. In the case of extended stays, the accommodation may be shifted.
- In the event that the administration asks the pilgrim to leave (even prior to the conclusion of the first 15 days), the pilgrim must vacate the premises immediately.
- No strangers or persons who are not mentioned on the admission form are allowed to be invited or entertained in the rooms.
- If the pilgrim has to leave for two or three days, he or she will have to inform the manager and will have to leave the keys to the room in the ashram office. If he or she has to leave for more than three days, he or she will have to vacate the room. Locking the room without providing information to the management is prohibited. If necessary, the management will open the room by breaking the lock.
- It is the pilgrim’s responsibility to keep his/her room clean and tidy. Rooms should always remain in the same condition as when they were assigned.
- Please refrain from picking flowers and littering.
- It is prohibited to use playing cards, radios, or TVs.
- No pets are allowed.
- The following are strictly prohibited: smoking, drinking intoxicants, using drugs, eating egg or other non-vegetarian foods, playing cards, watching television, playing radios/cassette players loudly. We also recommend that you refrain from eating onions and garlic.
- No one will have the rights and license of tenancy.
- Each pilgrim will have to vacate the accommodation on the stipulated day, even before the management asks him/her to do so.
- Please insist on a receipt for your donation. Specify the cause to which you want to donate (e.g. food for the poor, schools, gurukuls/orphanages, hospital, aarti, yagna, gaushala, accommodation, yoga and meditation programs, environmental programs, rural development, Veda Vidyayala, etc.).
- Please do not oblige anyone by directly providing money, clothes or tips of any kind. This affects the discipline and management of the ashram as well as negatively influences the divine, devoted feeling amongst the individuals here. Whatever help you want to give, please donate it to the office, and it will be distributed where it is most needed.
Silence is appreciated at the Ashram from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.